Well, this shows you should keep on top of open source, especially with Gentoo.
I did the standard emerge –sync since it has been > 48 days since I last updated my terabyte server. After this, I ran an emerge -av –update system. Yes there were 14 files which needed to be recompiled.
Turns out that the latest OpenRC updates delete one’s existing net.ethX sym links. Needed to recreate these. I also found out the array style of /etc/conf.d/net file has been changed. I can see this as a problem for some SliceHost slices I run. Need to make a note of this change.
I also found out the old afpd init script was still in the default list. This is the old version since Gentoo is only up to 2.1.5 of netatalk and I am running 2.2-beta4. Yes, some things I like on the bleeding edge. I removed this and added netatalk script I created (and is really better). Should be good now.
Been working on a CalDav server compile on Gentoo. I should have full instructions by the end of the week.